People need to communicate and share ideas. We bring people together to share ideas, offer advice and provide information. Our members decide what programs and services have the most value for the members. Through seminars and meetings for you to meet colleagues and build new friendships and business networks, providing plenty of opportunities to network with your peers.
- Membership meetings
- Local, state, and national committees on various industry-related topics
- Leadership training
- Local and National awards and recognition programs
- Social events
There is strength in numbers before the local, state and national governments. The FCBA works directly with the Pennsylvania Builders Association (PBA) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) to ensure your best interests are represented. We fought for you when state lawmakers threatened to enact excessive impact fees that would’ve harmed your business. We worked at the state and local level to get Pennsylvania a uniform construction code. In addition, your interests were represented when our legislators considered Home Repair Fraud and Contractor Licensing legislation. Locally and through our state and national affiliations, we are able to…
- Monitor state and national issues and legislation that directly affect your business
- Meet with our local legislators to express industry’s views and concerns
- Testify before governmental bodies on your behalf
- Sponsor meetings with your elected officials
- Provide information on current legislative and regulatory issues.
The FCBA, PBA, and NAHB offer a wide variety of educational opportunities. Whether it’s new technology, new laws that affect your business, or new products, your membership in the FCBA gives you a source for the information you need.
- Educational publications
- National education hotline
- Seminars and educational programs
- Pennsylvania Builders magazine
- The Franklin Builder
- Local, state and national association websites
- Local, state and national networking opportunities
- Professional Certification Programs